50 Possible and Likely Questions from JAMB Novel “In Dependence”
The JAMB UTME 2018 Official Novel, “Independence” is the rave of the moment, and it is advisable that all candidates, who will be sitting for the forthcoming JAMB UTME test, go through this novel. After going through this wonderful novel, Dailyschoolnews Official has decided to create 50 possible and likely questions from the book “In Dependence” for candidates preparing for 2018 UTME.
Please take note that this questions are 50 (fifty) in number. Also take note that the purpose of this test, is to give you a clue as to how the questions will be presented.
You should take note that this questions MIGHT not be the exact questions to expect in the MAIN JAMB UTME Exam.
Before you proceed, you have to check:
These 50 possible JAMB questions from the new novel, “In Dependence” is quite interesting and intriguing. However, one major problem candidates are facing, is that the correct answers are difficult to come by.
For UTME candidates who have read the book, and are quite conversant with the possible answers, you can answer these questions using the comment Box.
It is very advisable, that you read and complete the book before the examination.
Below are the question;
1. How is Suleiman related to Vanessa
(a) Biological son
(b) Adopted son
2. Vanessa’s Mother known as ______ died of canc2er in what year.
(a) Mrs Baker, 1975
(b) Mrs Elizabeth, 1976
(c) Mrs Baker, 1977
(d) Mrs Elizabeth, 1978
3. Vanessa was eventually married to who?
(a) Professor Peters
(b) Professor Tayo
(c) Professor Edwards
(d) Professor Trevor
4. What is the nature of Christine’s death?
(a) Murder, overdose
(b) Suicide, overdose
5. Uncle Kayode later pursued a career in _______
(a) Teaching, London
(b) Businessman, France
(c) Engineering, France
(d) Sailor, London
6. Professor Tayo was given an honorary award in
(b) Civil Law
7. How many honorees were awarded a doctorate alongside Professor Tayo
8. Tayo’s cousin, Tunde is the Pastor of
(a) a great Catholic Cathedral in London
(b) a Nigerian protestant church in London
(c) fastest growing Nigerian Church in London
(d) a Baptist Regional Church in London
9. Kwame had been teaching in the ______ before Tayo’s arrival
(a) California University
(b) Oxford University
(c) London University
(d) San Francisco University
10. For how many years has Kwame been teaching in the University before Tayo’s arrival.
11. The name of the driver accompanying Tayo to the Airport when he had an accident is
12. Mrs. Elizabeth seemingly had an affair with a slave while in Nigeria named?
13. Pick-up-your-stick-and-sandals marriage was a phrase popularly used by the ______ according to Vanessa
14. Salamatou is the biological mother of Suleiman, but she died of
(b) Car accident
(c) Brief Illness
(d) Heart attack
15. Vanessa married to Professor Barker on
(a) July 14th 1975
(b) July 15th 1976
(c) July 16th 1977
(d) July 17th 1978
16. Suleiman was ______ years old when he dropped out of the university
17. Vanessa Richardson is an Africa Journalist who writes column for
(a) Washington Post
(b) New York Times
(c) The Guardian
(d) Daily Times
18. Akin, the carver, had a great uncle, who was a servant to ______ during colonial periods
(a) Colonial officer Jonathan
(b) Mr Nancy Murdoch
(c) Sir Hugh Trevor
(d) Lord Lugard
19. Tayo lied to Vanessa that Christine was his
20. Kemi (Tayo’s daughter) has a boyfriend named ______, who works as a _____
(a) Charlie, photographer
(b) Laurent, chef
(c) Richard, chef
(d) Metuh, photographer.
*21*Tayo’s mother died on her way to____?
*22*where did ike work?
(a)In a bar
(b)in the ministry of education
(c)as a British council
(d)as a business man
*23*which word akin’s uncle have a penchant for?
*24*who told Tayo his mother was dead?
*25*what game did akin’s uncle start with his friends?
*26*what is the name of akin’s uncle boss?
*27*whom did Tayo think of whenever he was with Helene?
*28*what was written on kemi’s snoopy night dress?
(a)Love is the whole world
(b)Rock my style
(c)Love my style love me
(d)kiss my ass
*29*where did ajayis always fly to for the summer holidays?
*30*in what year did uncle kayode get married to Helene?
*31*how old was Miriam’s pregnancy as at the time they visited the yelwa club?
*32*who called out on greetings as Tayo and his family entered the lounge in yelwa club?
*33*what was the name of Tayo’s daughter?
*34* who phoned Tayo last week to congratulate him on his manuscript?
*35*what was the name of salamatou’s son?
*36*when was tayo’s family house normally quiet?
*37*what did Tayo and Vanessa order when they got to the restaurant in Lagos?
(a)Rice and beans
(b)Rice and stew
(c)Rice and plantains
*38*what was the name of Tayo’s neighborhood drunk in his home town in ibadan?
*39*who was the most successful trader along the west African coast?.
(d)Tayo’s mother in Law
*40*what was the name of Oxford finest hotel?
(b)The Randolph Hotel
(c)Super motion hotel
(d)Oxford Hotel and suit
*41*what was the name of Yusuf’s current girlfriend?
*42*What did tunde refuse to have at the party in his house?
*43*Tunde’s room was designed to be what?
(c)a slf con
*44*The name of Tayo’s cousin was?
*45*where did Tayo accompany tunde to?
*46* Where was Yusuf working at?
(b)At the clinic
(c)At the hospital
(d)At the bank
*47*what did Tayo aspire to be in the future!
*48*what is the name of Vanessa’s father!
*49*who drove to fetch uncle tony from station when he arrived France?.
*50* Who was never asking but announcing?